Hi, I'm Colin
My passion for growing business began the first time I picked up a telephone. It continued throughout my career, raising cash for pre IPO companies, selling hospitality packages for the world cup finals, being a Director of Global sales for a market leader in the food delivery industry and to now, as CSO for a company already disrupting a multi billion dollar facility management industry.
Throughout that period I have developed an acute understanding of human behaviour, whether someone is buying a product, selling it, or starting to create a concept. It's helped me to become a mentor, a developer of staff and to create strategies for businesses looking to dominate their space.
It's also led to me becoming a connoisseur of airport departure lounges from Sydney to Seoul, Prague to Kuwait and many others. I adore languages, startups, interviews, delivery services and my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones.
My blog on Medium
Book a Tiger
Chief Sales Officer 2016-present
Book a Tiger is the smarter way to manage your office. When it comes to managing your office space, we believe you should be in control. With our customer dashboard you have an instant overview, instant communication, reporting and centralised invoicing functions that guarantee a seamless Facility Management service.
- Full responsibility for B2B revenue
- Creating a scalable strategy for international rollout
- Defining SAAS model pricing/packaging + rollout
- Increase in team size from 2-20+
- Development of Key Account strategy to objects over $5million per year
- Development of Account Management team to handle up to 10,000 clients
Chief Sales Officer 2015-2016
Schutzklick develops innovative insurance cross-selling solutions for various e-commerce shops to combine traditional insurance with fast-paced digital businesses. The company’s solution enables tailors to cross sell product insurances within their checkout processes. Therefore, online shops are able to monetize their customers twice in one process and gain additional margins and profit. All the company’s products have a fixed life span and are not being extended automatically. The customers pay once and can decided how long the insurance should last. Launched in 2012, the company is headquartered in Germany.
- Full responsibility for a 6 month period of the B2B sales team, revenue/cost
Director of Global Sales Jun 2014 – Oct 2015
Delivery Hero is global leader in online and mobile food ordering, working with 200,000+ restaurants in 34 countries. We process 10million+ orders per month and generate $165million+ in monthly sales for our partner restaurants.
- Creating clear knowledge sharing from an ever expanding group of businesses operating in 34+ countries
- 3-6 month secondments with each team, analysing structure, strategy and current processes
- Defining global kpi's, reporting and sales methodology
- Organising and administering an annual Sales Summit for best practice
- Recruiting Senior Sales Heads throughout the business
- Migrating and Implementing uniform tools (Salesforce) for businesses within our group with 100+ employees
Head of Sales UK & DACH 2013 – 2014
- Creating and implementing a strategy to double the amount of restaurant partners working with us in both countries in a 6 month period
- Taking full control of budgets, hiring, training and coaching of 60+ staff
- Increasing revenue goals over 200%
- Creating standardised KPI's for both countries, increasing closing ratios and decreasing CPA of our partners by +55%
Founder 2010 – 2013
Sales-groups.com is a Berlin based sales consultancy
- Various consulting services for a number of tech startups
- Sales strategy definition
- Pitch writing
- Sales training/coaching
- Reporting/KPI implementation
- Software analysis and recommendation
- Process documentation and optimisation
- Sales manual creation
eKomi Deutschland GmbH
Country Manager US Oct 2012 – May 2013
eKomi, The Feedback Company is Europe's premiere & largest independent provider of transaction-based reviews & ratings. As a Google worldwide partner with over 250+ employees and headquartered in Berlin, Germany and Los Angeles, California with offices in London, Paris, Madrid, and San Francisco, eKomi has gathered & published over 40,000,000 reviews for customers.
- Building a sales team of 10+ for new markets (US)
- Creating productivity and activity reporting processes.
- Developing a sales manual.
- Creation and delivery of training to over 40 new staff for the German, Spanish, French, Dutch, UK/US, Portuguese and Italian markets.
- Pitch writing
- Employee evaluation development
- New business strategies
Head of Sales 2011 – 2012
Dealgecco is an international B2B market place for deals. We connect – on a global scale – suppliers and sellers of deals, and help both of them grow their business together.
- Creation of a B2B Sales Team (10+)
- Training, Staff Development, Sales Coaching
- Creation of Customer timeline, acquisition/onboarding process across departments
- significantly increased company partners
- Pitch Creation, Reporting
- QA process creation and implementation
Aeria Games Europe GmbH
Customer Support Manager - EMEA 2010 – 2011
Aeria Games is a leading publisher of free-to-play online multiplayer games with a rapidly growing community of over 70 million registered players and a deep portfolio of development partners. A wholly-owned subsidiary of ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE, Aeria Games is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with offices in San Francisco and Seoul. Aeria Games publishes and develops high-quality online PC, mobile, and browser games in nine languages across the world. The company’s diverse portfolio includes titles like the popular anime MMORPG Aura Kingdom, action-packed shooter A.V.A., mobile soccer manager Goal One, and dozens more in a multitude of game genres.
- Manage the Game Master customer service and billing operations, approx 35 staff, which deals directly with customers and is the first point of contact between the players and AGE
- Report directly to COO
- Implementation of best practice throughout all projects
- Team coaching and leadership development
- Created training for complex customer complaints
- Significantly improved staff efficiency
- Staff scheduling
- Prioritisation of customer complaints
- Training of new staff
- Payment options review project
Opus Trade Gmbh
Co Founder 2009 – 2010
Held full responsibility for establishing a private client brokerage dedicated to advisory and discretionary trading. Selected Accomplishments:
- Implemented full account opening process and revenue model in accordance with all European Finance laws including MyFFid.
- Developed relationship with a strong financial institution enabling us to white label their license and deliver the best products to our clients. Through this relationship I created agreements with the world leader in execution and clearing services, something that no other German based company has achieved in the previous 5 years.
- Introduced over €400,000 of client funds through Introductory Agreements with independent financial advisors.
UK Business Manager 2008 – 2009
Find. Rent. Enjoy.
erento is the largest online rental marketplace in Europe.
- Expansion of erento brand throughout the U.K.
- Cold Calling
- Advertising Sales
- Trade Show attendance
- Development of partnerships with significant trade organisations
New Business 2007 – 2008
Marcus Evans organises over 1000 first-class events every year. They do this with the aim of bring together the industry's leading decision makers and providing them with key strategic business information along with best practices. These events also allow these decision makers to expand their network.
- Cold Calling to C level within Fortune 500 companies
- Sales exceeding €40k month 1
- 200+ dials per day
Equity Trader 2006 – 2008
- Cold calling B2C to qualified investors
- Raising cash for pre ipo companies
- Sales of +120k within first 3 months
- Promoted to Head of new business within 4 months
Customer Relationship Manager 2004 – 2006
TD Waterhouse is one of the largest discount brokers in the world. Leveraging their investment in technology, they have become one of the premier global online brokers and a leading provider of online investing services and related financial products.
- Handling High Net Worth customer complaints (value $1million+)
- Up selling accounts to customers, including electronic deposit accounts
- Fraud + Anti Money Laundering compliance
Corporate Sales Manager 2002 – 2004
Corporate Event Space
- Booking manager for Corporate events
- Creating a strategy for the increase of Lunch Sales and corporate events
2001 – 2003
Social Sciences Psychology, Sociology, Politics and Criminology
Batley Grammar School
1994 – 2001
4 A levels
CEO BOOK A TIGER
Colin is a very passionate sales manager, who has both the toolkit, managerial experience as well as willingness to give 100% in his role.
EMEA Talent Manager
With a natural talent for dealing with the unexpected in a manner suiting a leader, Colin was a pleasure to work with during the setting up of the Opus brokerage operation in Berlin. Dealing with an entirely new regulatory landscape and encountering the usual hurdles that beset a start-up, Colin proved himself to be able to digest vast amounts of data from a variety of sources whilst giving clear, unambiguous objectives to his direct reports. As a client he was able to clearly articulate his expectations in an ever-changing environment whilst remaining squarely focused on the big picture.
I would strongly recommend Colin as a future business partner being someone with a natural aptitude for dealing with change coupled with a strong sense of commercial awareness. I found him to be a dynamic and charismatic leader for the team I recruited for and would enjoy the opportunity of collaborating with him on another project.
Head of Customer Service at Aeria Games & Entertainment
Colin is one of these managers that you have pleasure to work with.
He gets the job done. He cares about the people (and their individual developpement within the company) that he's managing.
Colin achieved to establish a much better communication between the customer support and the direction board as he was the point of contact for both, he created good KPI's for our department, was managing the reviews and the carreer plan of the customer support employees and last but not the least, he professionalized our day to day work, created a real structure and gave us perspective.
In addition to his achievements and professionnals skills, he's very easy going and available person having a strong listening skills as well. Colin would be an asset for any business and I'm gladly recommanding him.
Laurel Naomi Creighton
Vice President Online Marketing and Sales at Pro-Celebrity by Tee Top of California, Inc.
If I had to name one person who has most influenced me in a positive way, it would be Colin Darbyshire. Immediately upon entering the company he fit in perfectly, creating a positive, motivational space to work in.
Prior to my sales training with Colin, I was apprehensive to even make calls, I felt lost in the proccess. Colin nutured me, building up my confidence and skill level in a rapid, but enjoyable way. He always pushed me to go further, and with his support I have been able to meet his challenges every step of the way.
There is no one I would reccomend more to anyone than the expertise of Colin Darbyshire.
at RHD Futures Consulting
Colin was a value member of the front office Trading/Sales team. WIth good relationship skills and a strong trading record he was a top performer.
I would strongly recommend Colin for any business development or sales roll.
Colin had always been there for me since the first day I started working with him in the same company. Not only had he told me to seek his advice and go to him whenever I felt I like I had needed it, but he also kept his word doing everything to help me out with the issues I had faced. With his help, all my issues were resolved.
Even though I did not have to report to him directly and he was not only my supervisor, he did listen to everything I had to say to him and took them seriously, guiding me throughout the solution with his experience all the time. He was a great manager to work with.
Senior GM Live Operations
During my time at Aeria Games, Colins advice helped me to improve a lot and bring my work to the next level. He is a very good teamleader and has a good feeling for the people and always ge.ts the job done.
His strong analytical skills together with his outgoing personality and his unique way of leading a team make him a worthy addition to every company.
Sales Manager chez ThinPrint
I learned a lot with Colin. His advice, thank to his knowledge in sales, management and training helped me to push my skills to another level.
He fits perfectly in a team, and is a valuable asset for a any serious company.
Ask me about any of the following..
My pièce de résistance
Development, coaching, mentoring.. three of my passions!
Team Management in languages you can't even speak..
working globally has its difficulties, but there are ways to do it effectively!
travel and company change have allowed me to take the best from what I've seen
All things startup and tech around this wonderful city
Quick thinking, agile, too many people around one desk.. home!
Where am I right now?